The Helsinki Clubhouse is a rehabilitation community for the citizens of Helsinki, who have a history of mental illness. Here members are able to:
- Build meaningful relationships through the work ordered day and social programs
- Learn new skills
- Receive support in their vocational and educational goals
- Be a part of a community where their input matters and their voice is heard
The Helsinki Clubhouse is an ICCD certified Clubhouse and Training base. We follow the Clubhouse model of rehabilitation, which began in 1948 at Fountain House in New York City. Today this model is replicated in 400 Clubhouses in 27 countries.
In 2004 the Helsinki Clubhouse became the ICCD's 10th training base. Our pilot training session was held Spring 2004 and in November 2004 we had our first official training session. For the time being we offer clubhouse training only in Finnish language.
Three-Week Clubhouse Training
Three-week Clubhouse training provides practical experience and a comprehensive understanding of the fundamental aspects of the Clubhouse model and operations, including:
- Core philosophical principles of the Clubhouse model as a rehabilitative program for adults with a mental illness.
- Establishing a strong work-ordered day.
- Building strong Transitional Employment, Supported Employment and Independent Employment programs.
- Clubhouse administration and governance.
How to reach these goals?
- You will take part in the work-ordered day in one of our units.
- There are daily discussions on specific areas of Clubhouse practices and philosophies
- Throughout training you will be guided in developing an action plan, targeting the specific needs of your Clubhouse.
- The training team will assist with ICCD certification preparation.
Accomodations during the training
- Accomodations are included in the training fee.
- We will inform you more before the start of your training.
Who is Clubhouse training for?
- Training groups consist of a Clubhouse member and a staff.
- In the final week of training a member of Administration or the Board of Directors of the Clubhouse takes part in training.
- If the Clubhouse director has taken part in three week training prior to this training session, they are welcome to participate in the last week of training.
- For New Clubhouses 4 800 €/Training group
- For Established Clubhouses 4 000 €/Training group
For more information on booking, fees, and training dates please contact our Training Coordinator
Ms. Cecilia Routio phone: 358-09-72885519 or our Director Ms. Kaiju Yrttiaho 358-04-07252028.
Please check your time zone before calling at http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
The Helsinki Clubhouse is open Monday-Friday 8 am-4 pm and has also sosial activities program.